Language Search Connect
email Facebook Twitter
Assistance While Voting

101.051 - Electors seeking assistance in casting ballots; oath to be executed; forms to be furnished.—

Any elector applying to vote in any election who requires assistance to vote by reason of blindness, disability, or inability to read or write may request the assistance of two election officials or some other person of the elector’s own choice, other than the elector’s employer, an agent of the employer, or an officer or agent of his or her union, to assist the elector in casting his or her vote. Any such elector, before retiring to the voting booth, may have one of such persons read over to him or her, without suggestion or interference, the titles of the offices to be filled and the candidates therefor and the issues on the ballot. After the elector requests the aid of the two election officials or the person of the elector’s choice, they shall retire to the voting booth for the purpose of casting the elector’s vote according to the elector’s choice.

Some voters may need language assistance due to limited proficiency or inability to read, write or speak English.   

  • Bring along a person to interpret as long as that person is not an employer, an agent of the employer, or union representative
  • Request language assistance from a bilingual poll worker or translator services by phone from bilingual staff at the Elections Office who speak Spanish
  • Request voting and registration information that is available in Spanish

For more information please see U.S. Election Commission’s Spanish-English Election Terms Glossary 

Link will open in new window

Vicky Oakes
St. Johns County
Supervisor of Elections
(904) 823-2238
Toll Free: (888) 960-2959
Fax: (904) 823-2249
4455 Avenue A, Suite 101
St. Augustine, Florida 32095

Accessibility Statement
F.S. 668.6076 Under Florida law, e-mail addresses are public records. If you do not want your e-mail address released in response to a public-records request, do not send electronic mail to this entity. Instead, contact this office by phone or in writing.