Provisions of The Uniformed and Overseas Citizens Absentee Voting Act (UOCAVA)
United States citizens covered by UOCAVA include:
- Members of the United States Uniformed Services and merchant marine;
- Their family members; and
- United States citizens residing outside the United States.
To register to vote in St. Johns County, Florida you must claim residency in St. Johns County. A voter who never established residency in St. Johns County, Florida is not eligible to register to vote in St. Johns County, Florida. You may register to vote in the last location you claimed residency or where you were last registered to vote. A UOCAVA voter who has established residency in St. Johns County, Florida is eligible to register to vote in St. Johns County, Florida. When completing the Florida Voter Registration Application you may use your residence address in the legal residence section and if needed the address where you will be receiving mail in the mailing address section. If you do not maintain a residence here, you should use the address of the Supervisor of Elections Office,
4455 Avenue A Ste. 101, St. Augustine, FL. 32095.
NEW: Public Records Exemption Request
Service members who served in armed forces, reserve forces, and National Guard after 9/11/2001 may complete the Florida Department of State Public Records Exemption Request form to protect from public disclosure specific identification and location information contained on the Florida Voter Registration rolls.
Public Records Exemption Request Form DOS-119
Vote By Mail
Request your Vote-By-Mail Ballot by using one of these methods:
- Use our online vote-by-mail request form
- Complete and mail in the Federal Post Card Application Form (FPCA). Additional assistance is available through the Federal Voting Assistance Program www.fvap.gov. This form will serve as both a voter registration and a vote-by-mail ballot request form.
- By email. You must include your name, date of birth, Driver License or last 4 of Social Security number, and residence and mailing address information, and how you would like to receive your vote-by-mail ballot (mail, email, or fax).
- By phone at 904.823.2238 or toll-free at 888.960.2959
- By mail to 4455 Avenue A, Ste. 101, St. Augustine, Fl. You must include your name, signature, date of birth, Driver License or last 4 of Social Security number, residence and mailing address information, and how you would like to receive your vote-by-mail ballot (mail, email, or fax).
Instructions are included with your ballot that informs you of your choices for returning your vote-by-mail ballot so that it is counted.
For additional information, please contact the Supervisor of Elections Office.
Chick Here for a downloadable guide specifically for Overseas and/or Military absentee voters.
For additional information for military and overseas voters, please contact the Federal Voting Assistance Program.